Al-Sondos for orphans with special needs, a non- profit Foundation, is committed to ensuring all orphans with special needs, all over Egypt, receive all the services they need. Al-Sondos is a residential facility of 4 branches that are home to approximately 193 orphaned children and young adults with moderate to severe special needs. We provide each child with one-on-one care giver, medical services, and special educational services. We work with the government to improve the life of people with special needs and help disadvantaged families throughout Egypt.
Over the past 16 years, and by the generosity of our donors, we have been able to provide a fully equipped home for our children including the provision of the following services:
- One –on-one care giver to each of our children, as each child is special in his \ her own way, each one have different needs that is met by his\ her private care giver.
- Special education through Al-Sondos special school
Medical care, children with special needs must follow a regular routine of medical care and undergo many medical check- ups and surgeries if necessary.
- We encourage our children to join various activities. We believe that engaging engage our children in group exercise will cure the problem of social isolation and help a child make new friends outside their traditional circle which is a very important step towards engaging them into the society.
- Rehabilitation and speech therapy.
- Food and special trained chefs to be able to provide each child with his nutritional needs.
Continues maintenance for all the 4 branches of the Foundation.
- Salaries to facility administrators and staff.
- Utility expenses.